The WGAW is committed to ensuring that all writers’ workplaces are safe and professional. They should be free from sexual harassment, discrimination of all types, and of course, assault. To achieve this goal, the Guild is sponsoring a series of member workshops, designed by the Board’s Sexual Harassment Subcommittee and RAINN, the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network. The goals of these workshops are to help our members:
- Recognize what sexual harassment looks like, including causes and impacts.
- Gain skills to contribute to a safe, healthy culture, and develop prevention and response strategies.
- Learn about culture change and the role each of us can play as a leader.
- Mine the material to develop a set of community standards.
Click here to RSVP to attend one of the 90-minute workshops listed below.
- Thursday, October 4th at Loews Hollywood, 8:30 a.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 9th at Sheraton Universal, 8:30 a.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 27th at WGAW offices, 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 30th at Intercontinental Century City, 8:30 a.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 8th at Beverly Hilton, 8:30 am or 7:00 p.m.
We hope you’ll join your fellow members for this important work.