Independent Writers Caucus Members:
- May receive all Guild mailings, communications, and WGAW publications
- May receive invitations to IWC-related events
- May serve on Guild committees as designated by the Board of Directors
- May use the Guild's Script Registration Service at a reduced rate for Guild members
- May attend The Guild screenings at the WGA theater, subject to the annual availability of this program
- May become members of the Musicians' Interguild Credit Union or its successor subject to the discretion of that entity's governing body
- May be entitled to participate, if otherwise eligible, in any employment access program administered by the Guild
- Shall grant to the Guild exclusive authority to claim for their benefit any royalty, payment or remuneration of any kind attributable to writing services rendered under a collective bargaining agreement to which the Guild is a party.
Who Is Eligible To Join?
All applicants must be residents of the United States and must have fulfilled at least one of the four eligibility criteria* within a five-year period from the date the application is received at the WGAW offices. In addition, the Writer's full-length narrative screenplay must be submitted with the IWC application, along with a $100 annual service fee. The service fee is waived for WGAW Members in current-active standing.
- The Writer's feature-length narrative screenplay has been produced under a WGA Low Budget Agreement (for films budgeted at $1.2 million and below).
- The Writer's feature-length narrative screenplay was produced and the film premiered at a film industry recognized domestic film festival. (If your film was exhibited at an international film festival, please contact WGAW Independent Film for more information.)
- The Writer's feature-length narrative screenplay was completed in connection with a highly regarded and/or accredited domestic screenwriting program offered at an educational institution or film industry organization and, in addition, the Writer completed the screenwriting program requirements.
- The Writer's feature length narrative screenplay was nominated for and/or won a highly regarded screenwriting award. Note: Screenwriting "contests" are also subject to review and individual approval by the WGAW Independent Film Writers Steering Committee.
*Please note: All IWC applications are subject to staff review and Committee approval. In some cases, more than one eligibility criterion or combination of eligibility criteria must be fulfilled. When applying, the Writer is encouraged to submit ALL eligibility criteria information that apply.