WGA Statement of Purpose: Why Agencies Must Change
Our agents work for us. Every dollar they make must be generated as a percentage of the money we make. That is what it means to be our representatives and our fiduciaries. Agency-based studios and packaging fees make a mockery of that and are in violation of the agencies’ ethical and legal obligations to writers. We have taken too long to demand that these practices end. But the persistence of a corrupt system does not make it right. And putting things right does not blow up the business. We do not owe our agents their wealth; they owe us their loyalty. That is what we pay for. In a complex, changing, yet immensely profitable time in our industry, writers need true allies, not deeply conflicted ones. It is for this idea—simple, old-fashioned and un-revolutionary—that we stand—and for which we come together as a Guild again today.
- Agency Campaign Update: Agreement with Buchwald (7/25/19)
- Agency Campaign Update: WGA Staffing and Development Platform Launched . (7/25/19)
- Agency Campaign Update: Agreement with Kaplan Stahler
- Agency Campaign Update – June 19, 2019 .
- Agency Campaign Update: Agreement with Verve
- Agency Campaign Update: Issues Affecting Screenwriters .
- Agency Campaign Update – May 1, 2019 .
- WGA Announces Lawsuit to End Talent Agencies’ Conflicted Business Practices
- E-Signing the Letter to Your Agency
- WGA response to ATA Proposal – April 12, 2019
- ATA Proposal to WGA – April 10, 2019 .
- Speech by David A Goodman at WGA Agency Agreement Membership Meeting – March 27, 2019 .
- WGA Statement of Support: We are Voting YES
- Speech by David A. Goodman at WGA Agency Agreement Membership Meeting – February 13, 2019 .
- Agency Agreement Campaign Communications to Members
- Agency Campaign Resources for Writers
- Episodic Quotes: A Guide for Writer-Producer Fees
- Pilot Deal Guide: Key Terms for Development Season Deals
- #WGASolidarity on Social Media
- WGA-Verve Code of Conduct Franchise Agreement .
- 2019 Agency Code of Conduct
- List of Franchised Agencies
- Rules of Implementation of the WGA Code of Conduct for Agents
- WGA Agency Code of Conduct Implementation
- PODs Share Their Experiences with Packaging
- Agency Conflicts of Interest Video .
- Writers Share Their Experiences With Agency Packaging and Producing
- Agencies For Sale .
- No Conflict, No Interest .
- TV Writer Pay: Losing Ground
RESPONSES TO AGENCY PUSH BACK
- Packaging is Good for Me
- But, I Like Not Paying 10% Commission
- You’ll Never See That Money Again
- The Myth of Affiliated Studios
- My Agent Is Not Like That
Email Agency Agreement with any comments or questions you have about the campaign.