WGAW’s Writers Education Committee (WEC) presents
Saturday, September 12, 2015
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
[LAUSD school details given in individual confirmation emails]
Thank you for your interest in the Writers Salon. Due to the unique nature of this event and direct access to the speakers, all attendees must agree to the following procedures prior to submitting an RSVP.
YOU MUST BE A WRITERS GUILD MEMBER IN ACTIVE STATUS TO ATTEND THE WRITERS SALON.
NO GUESTS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The Salon is composed of three 45-minute sessions: 2:00-2:45 p.m., 3:00-3:45 p.m. and 4:00-4:45 p.m. Registration opens at 1:15p and we recommend you travel early enough to allow time for parking. If you arrive late, we cannot guarantee that you can attend that hour’s session.
- At registration, you will receive a colored wristband for your track of speakers. No one will be admitted to any room without the appropriate color wristband. Please help us maintain a professional environment by honoring the event format.
- Absolutely NO recording or streaming.
- Out of respect for our esteemed speakers, please refrain from pitching ideas or giving them unsolicited materials.
- We are guests of LAUSD*. Please respect their rules and property at all times. NO drugs, alcohol or tobacco products are permitted on the premises. Limited free parking is available at the high school on the day of the Salon. Street, metered, and residential parking are available at your cost. Please read all signs to avoid ticketing or towing.
- Concessions will be available in the halls before first class and during breaks for a nominal fee, benefitting youth programs. No food or drink (except bottled water) is permitted inside the classroom. Please help us leave the classrooms free from litter.
When you submit your RSVP, you will be asked to select a first and second choice track. You will attend sessions with each of the three speakers in your assigned track. Attendees will not be allowed to jump from track to track.
Speakers to date (subject to availability; names linked to IMDb credits):
TRACK A (Drama)
SAM ESMAIL – creator, Mr. Robot; Comet (feature)
ADAM HOROWITZ & EDWARD KITSIS – creators, Once Upon A Time; Emmy-nominated LOST; TRON: Legacy (feature)
AARON KORSH – creator, Suits; Notes from the Underbelly; The Deep End
TRACK B (Comedy)
KENYA BARRIS – Creator, Black-ish; The Game; Are We There Yet?
BRENT FORRESTER – EP/showrunner, Love; Writers Guild Award-winning The Office; In Gayle We Trust
DAN GOOR & MICHAEL SCHUR – creators, Brooklyn Nine-Nine; Parks and Recreation; between both, Emmy wins for The Office, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, Saturday Night Live, The Daily Show
TRACK C (Genre)
STEVEN S. DeKNIGHT – EP, Daredevil; creator, Spartacus; Smallville; Angel
MARK GOFFMAN – EP, Sleepy Hollow; White Collar; Writers Guild Award-nominated Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and The West Wing
MELISSA ROSENBERG – showrunner, Jessica Jones; creator, Red Widow; Emmy and Writers Guild award-nominated Dexter; Twilight trilogy (feature)
*Use of these school premises has been granted pursuant to the provisions of Sections 17400, et seq., of the Education Code of the State of California to WRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA, WEST, INC. (WGAW) from the Board of Education of the Los Angeles Unified School District. The Board of Education does not sponsor or take responsibility, nor does it necessarily endorse any of the activities, statements, or opinions which may be expressed at this meeting or activity.