WGAW’s Writers Education Committee (WEC) presents
Saturday, August 17, 2013
2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Fairfax High School*
7850 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles 90046
(at Fairfax Ave.)
Thank you for your interest in the Writers Salon. Due to the unique nature of this event and direct access to the speakers, all attendees must agree to the following procedures prior to submitting an RSVP.
YOU MUST BE A WRITERS GUILD MEMBER IN ACTIVE STATUS TO ATTEND THE WRITERS SALON.
NO GUESTS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The Salon is comprised of three 45-minute sessions: 2:00-2:45p, 3:00-3:45p and 4:00-4:45p. Registration opens at 1:15p and we recommend you travel early enough to allow time for parking. If you arrive late, we cannot guarantee that you can attend that hour’s session.
- At registration, you will receive a colored wristband for your track of speakers. No one will be admitted to any room without the appropriate color wristband. Please help us maintain a professional environment by honoring the event format.
- At the end of the first two sessions, please respect everyone’s time by going to your next class. Writers Ed Committee members will be stationed in each room and ask members to vacate so that the next session can start on time. At the close of your 4:00p session, you are welcome to stay with your third speaker or return to a previous room. We are depending on your cooperation in facilitating a smooth transition between sessions.
- Absolutely NO recording or streaming.
- Out of respect for our esteemed speakers, please refrain from giving them unsolicited materials.
- We are guests at Fairfax High School*. Please respect their rules and property at all times. NO drugs, alcohol or tobacco products are permitted on the premises. Limited free parking is available at the high school on the day of the Salon (enter off Melrose or Fairfax Aves. to access the northwest parking lot). Street, metered, and residential parking are available at your cost. Please read all signs to avoid ticketing or towing.
- With the assistance of the parent and school associations, a FHS student group may sell concessions in the halls for school fundraising during breaks and after the last class. Support of Fairfax High is appreciated. No food or drink (except bottled water) is permitted inside the classroom. Please help us leave the classrooms free from litter.
When you submit your RSVP, please choose your track in order of highest preference (e.g. 1st: Comedy, 2nd: Genre, 3rd: Drama). Please rank all three in case your first and/or second choice is filled by members who responded before you. Attendees will not be allowed to jump from track to track.
Speakers to date (subject to availability; names linked to their IMDb credits; # signifies position on 101 TV list):
PETER CASEY & DAVID LEE – Frasier (#23)
BILL ODENKIRK and CAROLYN OMINE – The Simpsons (#11)
PHIL ROSENTHAL – Everybody Loves Raymond (#63)
JASON KATIMS – Friday Night Lights (#22)
DAVID SHORE – House (#74)
DARREN STAR – Sex & the City (#39)
CHRIS CARTER – The X-Files (#26)
THOMAS SCHNAUZ – Breaking Bad (#13)
MICHAEL TAYLOR – Battlestar Galactica (2005) (#38)
If you agree to all of the above, please click [I AGREE] to be directed to the RSVP email. Again, please send us your three ranked tracks from Comedy, Drama, and Genre. You are not ranking individual speakers.
LAST DAY FOR WEB RSVPS – Wednesday, August 14, 6:00PM
*Use of these school premises has been granted pursuant to the provisions of Sections 17400, et seq., of the Education Code of the State of California to WRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA, WEST from the Board of Education of the Los Angeles Unified School District. The Board of Education does not sponsor or take responsibility, nor does it necessarily endorse any of the activities, statements, or opinions which may be expressed at this meeting or activity.