On The Web
Climate Crisis: Take Action
The climate crisis necessitates immediate global attention and action. As writers, we are in a unique position to make a difference. Here's how:
The climate crisis can be integrated into any kind of story, in small or explicit ways. All of it makes a difference. And you don’t have to be an expert. Here are some resources on how to incorporate climate content in your projects.
Here are some resources on changes you can make to reduce your production’s carbon output. No matter your position on staff, every voice helps!
- Green Production Guide
- Green Spark Group
- Earth Angel Sets
- Albert (based in the UK)
- Reel Green (based in Canada)
- Scriptation (app specifically designed to serve as a PDF reader for productions)
Guild members who have volunteered to serve as resources:
Producers Guild of America contacts:
- Adam C. Ereth, PGA Director of Sustainability and Engagement
- Lydia Pilcher, PGA member, Sustainability Task Force Co-Chair
And If You Want More…
- The Sustainable Act Podcast (all about green production)
- The Hollywood Climate Summit (an annual climate event)
- The Sustainable Production Forum (SPF) (an annual green production event)
- Lights, Camera, Plastic (group trying to reduce plastic usage on screen)
Check this page regularly for additional information and resources as they become available.